The effects of sanctions against club owners Roman Abramovich always take threatening dimensions for FC Chelsea. Now suppliers Nike should consider an exit.
The sporting goods manufacturer, which completed a 15-year contract for around one billion euros with Chelsea in 2016, contributes to a report of the SportsMail to an exit.
This would be the same for the blues to a “sargnagel”, it continues in the report. The club of Stamford Bridge would therefore be lost by an immediate exit of Nike around 640 million euros.
Already on Thursday, main sponsor Three prompted the club to remove advertising up to further from the jersey breast and from the environment of the stadium. The mobile company currently pays 48 million euros per season in the Chelsea cash register.
On Thursday, the British government had announced to freeze Abramovich’s assets. “Abramovich communicates with a person who is involved or was to destabilize Ukraine and threatening territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of the country, namely with Vladimir Putin,” said the Ministry of Finance as a reason.
As a result, the sale of the club sacrificed by the oligarch was stopped for the time being. This is only allowed if the proceeds not benefit from Abramovich or Russia. Even the sale of tickets for the upcoming games may not take place anymore. For home games only permanent ticket holders are allowed.
Chelsea: Even the fan shop is tight
On the transfer market, the blues may now no longer operate, even contract extensions and the sale of fan articles are not permitted. For this reason, the fan shop castle on Thursday. Even a stop of the game work was in the room, but this prevented the Government of Boris Johnson with a special license.
“As long as we have enough jerseys and a bus, we will be there and fight hard,” said Trainer Thomas Tuchel on Thursday after the 3-1 victory at Unternicht Norwich City over the current situation.
Articles and videos about the topic
* Tuchel confident despite sanctions
* English Cup Competitions and Championship Live on Dazn. Register now!
Premier League: The current table
|1.||Manchester City||28||68: 18||50||69|
|5.||Manchester United||28||45: 38||7||47|
|6.||West Ham United||28||46: 35||11||45|
|7.||Tottenham Hotspur||26||40: 32||8||45|
- | Wolverhampton Wanderers | 28 | 28: 23 | 5 | 43
- | Aston Villa | 27 | 40: 37 | 3 | 36
- | Southampton | 28 | 35: 43 | -8 | 35
- | Crystal Palace | 28 | 39: 38 | 1 | 33
- | Leicester City | 25 | 40: 43 | -3 | 33
- | Brighton & Hove Albion | 27 | 26: 32 | -6 | 33
- | Newcastle United | 27 | 32: 47 | -15 | 31
- | Brentford | 28 | 30: 45 | -15 | 27
- | Leeds United | 28 | 29: 64 | -35 | 23
- | Everton | 25 | 28: 46 | -18 | 22
- | Burnley | 26 | 22: 36 | -14 | 21
19. | Watford | 28 | 27: 54 | -27 | 19
20. | Norwich City | 28 | 17: 61 | -44 | 17